My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://northernhomestead.com
and update your bookmarks.

If you love this blog find us also at NorthernHomestead and follow us on Facebook or Pinterest.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Tilly's 'Back to Eden' garden experience



Back to Eden is a documentary movie about a gardener named Paul Gautschi. In the film he explains his mulching method. My friend Tilly, a christian mother of 8, an amazing homemaker and gardener, tried out this gardening method in her northern garden and was willing to share her experience with us. Read more and learn about wood chips mulching the 'Back to Eden' way.


More on Back to Eden: Back to Eden the Film

4 comments :

  1. Thank you for this article! I recently happened upon the Back to Eden film online and really enjoyed it. I am hoping to experiment with this gardening technique this summer. I live in a zone 2a area, so was really happy to find this article about Tilly's experiences. I have subscribed to the site and look forward to updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was wondering too if this method would work in the north, and Tilly proves it, it does! Happy gardening!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this post! I watched the video last spring/summer and got a load of tree mulch delivered free in my front yard. I let the pile sit all fall and now winter and hope to use it this spring/summer on my garden. I can't wait to see the benefits. If you find any more people who have tried it please let me know. I am always trying to find helpful ways to make my garden more productive. I don't think I will be able to put on 4 - 6 inches of mulch though. I don't think I have that much to have it so deep. Thank you so much! Keep more posts coming! Blessings to you! Karen Harris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is actually a map on http://backtoedenfilm.com/news/gardens_worldwide.html with the 'Back to Eden' gardens worldwide. Sure, not all are on there, but it is interesting.
      Hope you have a great garden this summer!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...